Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mad Science/Recorder lessons

I was so happy that I got in on the Mad Science/music class. I was originally on the waiting list but actually got in. We went Monday and Nala had a great time. She learned about what chemistry is and did a couple of projects. It's a monthly class for the next six months.

After that, a music teacher came in to teach the kids how to play the recorder. We've been practicing on our own here and there and I signed Nala up for a class at the Y but we have yet to make it!

The teacher was ok, a little off beat in my opinion but was really able to get the kids involved. Nala was very attentive and very interested. She wants to take piano. We have a keyboard that would work for her to practice on. I played the piano when I was in college and the professor suggested I get one with similar spacing of a piano so it wouldn't throw me off when I practiced with the two. There's someone in one of our homeschooling group that offers great prices so March is when we're thinking about starting because her classes at the Y would be over. She said she wants to continue swimming so we'll see if we can make it work schedule wise as well as financially.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My children are looking forward to lessons this year also. My Mom bought them instruments for Christmas. Now I guess I'm obligated to get the lessons. Ha! Why couldn't she just have purchased recorders. LOL!

Sha Bish said...

Recorders are so simple and really had a beautiful sound. I love music and I'm just so pleased that Nala is interested in playing some instrument. Next is piano!